From the point of view of use and maintenance, pearls are notoriously fragile. If you want to avoid the situation of “old pearls yellowing”, you must pay attention to the daily maintenance of pearls, and achieve four “don’t” and four “Must”, in order to let your pearl jewelry long glow that gorgeous jewels. Let’s find out together below!
1. Don’t touch the pearl necklace often. After wearing pearls, many female friends can’t help touching the surface of pearls with their hands. This habit will actually affect the luster and brightness of pearls. As an organic gemstone, pearls are mainly composed of calcium carbonate (CaCO3). The oils on human skin are often stained on the surface of the hands. While stroking the pearl necklace, these oils will adhere to the pearls and turn them yellow.
2. Don’t cook with pearl jewelry. The surface of pearls is covered with many tiny pores. When you wear pearl jewelry in the kitchen, the oil fume and water vapor in the kitchen will enter the pores of the pearls. If the pearl jewelry is contaminated with these air pollutants for a long time, the luster of the pearl cortex will gradually slow down. eroded and become dull.
3. Do not clean pearl jewelry with water. Many friends like to use water to clean pearls. In fact, this cleaning method is completely wrong, because during the cleaning process, water will enter the small pores of the pearls, which is not only difficult to wipe dry, but also allows pollutants to remain in the pores and damage the pearls. the cortex.
4. Try to avoid exposing pearl jewelry in the sun. Pearls contain a certain amount of moisture, so try to avoid direct sunlight when wearing and storing pearls. Therefore, in outdoor activities during the day, you should try to avoid wearing pearl jewelry to prevent the pearls from being dehydrated and tarnished by the sun exposure.
1. Pearls must be cleaned with a damp flannel. When you wear pearl jewelry, we must carry out the maintenance work of pearl jewelry, so that the pearl can keep pearly for a long time. The maintenance method is very simple, we only need to prepare a flannel, wet it with pure water, and then wipe the surface of the pearl with gentle force.
2. Pearl jewelry must be stored separately. Some beauty-loving ladies keep all their everyday jewelry in the same jewelry box, but for “delicate” pearl jewelry (pearls have a Mohs hardness of only 3), this preservation method will undoubtedly make other Jewelry scratches the surface of the pearl, so it is best to store the pearl jewelry in a velvet box separately, so that the pearl cortex can be properly protected and kept in a smooth state.
3. Pearls must be allowed to breathe air. When storing precious pearl jewelry, many people choose to put it in a velvet box and then store it in a bank safe. Although this ensures the safety of pearl jewelry, it will suffocate the pearl jewelry. Pearls need to breathe air, so even if we keep them in a safe, we still have to take them out and wear them every season to let them breathe fresh air, otherwise the pearls will turn into yellow-faced women in the safe.
4. Pearl jewelry must be worn after makeup. Pearls are organic gemstones, and any skin care products, perfumes and cosmetics will erode them. Therefore, it is recommended that women wear pearl jewelry after makeup to prevent the surface of pearls from being damaged by chemical substances, making them lose their luster.